Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I'm a bit of a lush so this alcoholic fruit salad really hits the spot for me. I hope you love it as much as I do! It's from the Famous Brand Name Cookbook. 1 hour chill time is not included in prep.
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon light rum
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 firm banana
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise through crown. Remove fruit with curved knife, leaving shells intact. You will use them later. Trim off core and cut pineapple into chunks.
- In large bowl, combine pineapple, orange, kiwi, strawberries and grapes. Set aside until dressing is done.
- To make dressing, in 1 qt measure, combine remaining ingredients, except banana.
- Pour dressing over fruit. Toss gently to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour. Just before serving, slice banana into fruit salad. Toss gently. Spoon salad into pineapple shells and serve.