Recipe by Broke Guy
Mahogany glaze is a traditional Chinese recipe for meat where the glaze on the meat turns a mahogany color and has an amazing flavor. The glaze can be made ahead of time by omitting the green onions until just before using. Cooking time depends on which style of cooking the meat you choose: barbecue, oven or smoker.
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 5-6 lbs)
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup shaoxing wine or 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, minced (green and white parts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the membrane from the ribs. Set aside.
- Combine the hoisin sauce, plum sauce, soy sauce, cider vinegar, wine, honey, garlic and green onions.
- Coat both sides of each rack of ribs and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes but best would be overnight.
- Cook according to your preference. Serve by cutting the ribs in half, into three sections or into individual ribs. Serve immediately and enjoy.