1/3 Photos of Mahogany Glazed Chicken
Dona England's Note:
From a 1997 Eating Well magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup rice wine or 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup strong brewed black tea
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1In a 2 cup glass measure combine rice wine, tea, juice, soy sauce and honey.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a small bowl combine cinnamon, ginger, pepper and salt.
- 4rub spices on both sides of chicken breasts.
- 5In a large skillet heat 1/2 T. oil over medium high head.
- 6Add chicken.
- 7Reduce heat to medium and cook until golden outside and no long pink inside, 3-5 minutes per side.
- 8Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 9Add remaining 1/2 T. oil to the skillet.
- 10Add bell pepper, scallions and garlic.
- 11Saute for 30 seconds.
- 12Increase heat to high.
- 13Add reserved rice wine-tea mixture.
- 14Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits.
- 15Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 16Reduce heat to low and return chicken and it's juice to skillet.
- 17Simmer gently until heated thru, about 1 minute.
- 18Slice chicken into thin diagonal slices and fan onto plates.
- 19Spoon sauce and vegetables over chicken.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mahogany Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.4
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 525.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 28.3 g