Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 5 -6 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 1⁄4 cups hoisin sauce (available at ethnic section of supermarket)
- 3⁄4 cup plum sauce (available as above)
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, minced
- Combine sauce ingredients (that is everything except chicken wings in a large pot and bring to a boil and then stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Correct flavoring as desired.
- Place wings in a large roasting pan(s). Pour over sauce on wings and coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Drain off sauce and reserve.
- Roast wings in a 375 oven basting frequently with some of the reserved sauce, turning to brown until wings cooked and done (about 1 hour). Serve warm or cool and serve at room temperature.
These are GREAT wings! Only thing I added was a bit of fresh ginger, and I used about half of the soy sauce. I left about half of the sauce in the pan, rather than draining it all off to cook, then turned the wings about every 15 minutes (added more reserved sauce when necessary). Sprinkle 'em with sesame seeds when serving. Yum! :)
My family loved these! I am so glad to have a chicken wing recipe that everyone will eat, as my daughter doesn't do spicy. We had absolutely no leftovers, and complaints that I should have made more! Like someone else suggested I added some brown sugar as well as the honey, and they were sooo good!
A favorite at all of my parties.Everyone expects to see these on the buffet.I'm going to try the sauce with fried chicken bites and veggies over rice.I do add ginger and sesame seeds to the recipe.