Recipe by FLUFFSTER
From Issac Hayes's cookbook "Cooking with Heart and Soul" this is a superb recipe for wings. The flavors of hoisin, soy sauce, dry sherry and, and cider vinegar do great things to chicken wings.You can cut the tips off of the wings, if desired. Times will vary.
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 6 green onions, minced, greens included
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 4 lbs chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- The day before serving: In a large bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Add the chicken wings and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- The next day: Preheat oven to 357°.
- Let wings come to room temperature. Line 1 or 2 roasting pans with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Coat 1 or 2 wire racks with non-sticking spray and place in baking pan(s).
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade. Arrange wings on rack(s) and roast for 30 minutes.
- Drain liquid from pan(s). Baste wings with marinade, turn them and baste again. Roast until wings turn mahogany in color.
- The wings can be frozen after they're cooked. Pour the remaining marinade over wings and freeze.To serve at a later date, defrost to room temperature and heat prior to serving.