Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are tasty! You can use legs for this as well. We like to scrape the chicken from the end of the drumstick or leg to the end so the meat is all together. There are links on the net explaining how to do that. My husband does that part for me! Don't go crazy on the molasses, as it will burn. It says to marinade overnight, but you you can marinade for minimum one hour.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, split and tips discarded
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Place chicken in a shallow, medium dish.
- 2 In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, molasses, chile sauce, ground ginger and garlic. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 4 On a baking sheet, arrange chicken in a single layer. Heat marinade in small pot on stove. Bake in preheated oven approximately 50 minutes, brushing with marinade often and turning once, until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear.