Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
makes my mouth water just typing the recipe..love this stuff!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, cut in small rounds
- 1 1⁄2 pieces fresh ginger, minced
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 40 chicken drummettes, rinsed, dried
- 1 orange, sliced thin
- Combine orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, ginger, orange zest, and chile flakes --
- In heavy pan over medium heat.heat through and stir to dissolve sugar --
- Remove sauce from heat and let it cool --
- Place chicken drummettes in bag and pour cool sauce over, turning bag to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 3-4 hours --
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Remove wings from marinade -- and arrange on oiled baking sheet --
- Bake turning once and basting with marinade -- 2-3 times -- for 45 minutes or till glossy.
- Place wings on serving platter, scatter scallions on top and garnish with orange slices --
- Serve immediately.
Sooooo good! I used whole wings and left out the hot peppers. Wings are my favorite chicken part so I like to try different marinades; this one is a keeper. Thank you!
These were so good! I served them to 5 people and it was unanimous. I used small oranges and 1 med. size piece of ginger and did not change anything. I'll definately be making these again! Thanks for sharing.