This recipe has only three primary ingredients and was adapted from a recipe, Mahogany Ribs, published in "Recipes 1-2-3" by Rozanne Gold (Viking, 1996).
- Place liquid ingredients and spices in a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- Whisk ingredients slightly to blend in the spices.
- Remove and discard excess fat from beef roast and place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef, slice, and serve.
- Place the remaining liquid in a gravy boat for use as a sauce with the meal.