This recipe has only three primary ingredients and was adapted from a recipe, Mahogany Ribs, published in "Recipes 1-2-3" by Rozanne Gold (Viking, 1996).
- Place liquid ingredients and spices in a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker.
- Whisk ingredients slightly to blend in the spices.
- Remove and discard excess fat from beef roast and place the roast in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove beef, slice, and serve.
- Place the remaining liquid in a gravy boat for use as a sauce with the meal.
This was definitely different, I usually find using a crockpot leaves the meat a little bland, but this was really good. Thanks
So few ingredients for such full flavor! I used low-sodium Kikkoman teriyaki, and it was still great. It couldn't have been more easy to prepare. Not kidding about the 5-minute prep time. I loved it and will definitely make again.