Recipe by lazyme
From Bon Appetit, this is a great way of making mahimahi. Times do not include 1 hour marinating.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was delightful. The cilantro added such a wonderful flavor, and the macadamia nuts provided a nice crunch that contrasted well with the other softer ingredients. We loved it. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe, lazyme. Made for the 2012 My-3-Chefs event.
- 10 ounces mahi mahi fillets
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mahimahi in shallow dish.
- Pour lime juice over.
- Marinate 1 hour, turning fish over occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine panko and next 3 ingredients in small bowl.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Season generously with pepper.
- Pour remaining 2 tablespoons butter into shallow baking dish.
- Remove mahimahi from marinade and place in baking dish, turning to coat with butter.
- Spoon panko mixture atop fish, dividing evenly.
- Press topping gently to adhere.
- Bake until fish is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and serve.