Recipe by kittang
from Palm Beach Post newspaper
Top Review by HellkampC
Delicious! I also used a regular orange. My husband doesn't like cilantro so I didn't add any, but if I make it again for just me I will definitely add some and maybe mango and/or pineapple. Excellent presentation, looks much more difficult than it is...my husband thought I slaved away in the kitchen! :)
- 1 blood oranges or 1 cara cara oranges or 1 regular orange
- 1⁄2 cup cubed avocado (1/3 inch cubes)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced red jalapeno chiles, to taste (remove seed and membrane for less heat)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounce each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a small sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from orange, Working over small bowl, cut between membrane to release segments.
- Add Avocado, onion, jalapeño and lime juice to bowl with orange; stir gently to blend. Season salsa to taste with salt.
- Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add fish to skillet and sauté until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place one fillet on each of the 2 plates. Spoon salsa over fish and serve.