Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend made this for dinner the other night. It was great!!
Make and share this Mahi Mahi with black beans and salsa recipe from Food.com.
- For beans.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and saute the jalapenos and chopped onion and cumin for a minute.
- Add beans to pan.
- Turn to low and set aside.
- Season mahi with salt, pepper and rub with lime zest.
- Preheat cast iron skillet for 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to high, add butter and olive oil and sear fish turning once until browned and cooked through.
- About 3 minutes on each side.
- Divide beans equally in the middle of your plates.
- Top with fish, 2 or 3 slices of avocado on top of fish and top with salsa.
- If you like your beans spicy you may want to add another jalapeno.
I made this for dinner for my guy one night - trying to eat healthier - it was really good. Loved the lime and may add more next time! Super easy & yummy! Thanks.
This was my first time trying MahiMahi. It was great. I used these ingredients but only had 2 cans of beans so only used one jalapeno. Not much of a black bean eather but this was good. Didn't know if I sshould drain beans so I did but reserved some to keep beans from being dry. I really liked the flavor of the fish. I'll definately make that part of the recipe again. If you don't have avacado, don't sweat it. I didn't notice the difference when I didn't have it in a bite. I used jared salsa and think it would be great with fresh salsa. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
This is a flavorful and filling dish. I used olive oil cooking spray instead of quantities of butter and olive oil suggested in the recipe. I also subbed green pepper for the jalapenos sauteed with the onion and black beans, as my fresh salsa was quite heated. I liked the slight tang that the lime zest infused into the fish. This was a quick and easy meal which I rounded out with a tossed salad. Hubby added an ear of sweet corn to his plate and liked that combination of flavors, too.