Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy. I love mahi mahi and this is a terrific sauce.
Make and share this Mahi Mahi in Caper Garlic Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- For sauce- combine all ingredients except lemon juice and reduce by half over medium heat.
- Add lemon juice and serve over prepared mahi mahi fillets.
- For fillets- Coat bottom of a large skillet with olive oil and heat to almost smoking.
- Salt and pepper fillets and pan sear each fillet for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Plate each fillet and serve with Caper Garlic Cream Sauce.
This is quite tasty. Could even make without Capers if you don't have them in your fridge. BUT, be sure to pull the sauce off the heat for a few minutes to cool before adding lemon juice. My sauce curdled because I added the lemon juice when it was still too hot. Didn't ruin it, but wasn't smoothy & pretty sauce!
I tried this recipe tonight. I also used FF Half & Half. It was good, but the sauce never thickened in the least little bit. I don't know if it was because I didn't use heavy cream or not. Still a good recipe.
The cook time on this says 15 minutes, but after 40 minutes on medium heat the sauce had barely reduced. I thought perhaps a little more heat was needed, but at '7' out of '10' on my stove it curdled almost immediately. This sauce may or may not be good when prepared correctly, but the instructions given are clearly not correct.