Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray. I love the idea of the soft and the crunchy shells! Like a "double-decker" taco. Yum!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, one quarter finely chopped, the remainder thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 limes, juice of, plus
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 8 taco shells
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup creme fraiche or 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oil, add jalepeno, chopped red onion and cook for 4 minutes. In a small bowl, mash black beans with the cumin and season with salt & pepper.
- In large bowl, combine honey, 2 tbsp oil, hot sauce and lime juice. Season with salt & pepper. Add sliced onion, cabbage and cilantro. Toss.
- Coat fish with remaining 1 tbsp oil and the lime peel, and grill over medium for 8 minutes, turning once.
- Warm taco shells and tortillas on the grill. Spread a few tbsp of the mashed beans on the outside of the taco, (stir in 1 to 2 tbsp hot water into beans if they are too thick) and wrap a tortilla around each one, pressing to ahere.
- Flake half a piece of fish into each taco shell and top with some cabbage slaw. Top with creme fraiche or sour cream.
Delicious! Have made this recipe many times but have never reviewed it 'til now. I follow this recipe as written and my family and friends have always loved the results. One of our favorite summer time meals. Thanks Lakerdog2!