Recipe by Estradagirl
My husband and I are not big fish fans but our 5 yr old daughter loves fish so I wanted to make some. I couldn't find a recipe I liked so I made this one up. Everyone has loved it whenever I have made it, even us non-fish lovers. Tasted great and not fishy and really easy to make as well.
- 4 mahi mahi fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, Chopped
- 2 small shallots, Chopped
- 4 garlic cloves (more or less to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 small lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a pan large enough to lay all of the filets inches.
- Cover bottom with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Stir in butter and cook over medium to low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir in onions and shallots. Cook until they are soft.
- Using a garlic press add in the garlic cloves.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Mix together and cook until sour cream is melted inches.
- Spread all ingredients evenly in pan and lay the filets over this.
- Squeeze half of the lemon over filets and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let cook until that side is done, about 5 minutes.
- Turn filets over, squeeze other half of lemon and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and cover pan. Leave in pan until done cooking, about another 5 - 7 minutes.
- You can leave them in pan until you are ready to serve to keep warm. Turning off the heat before they are done cooking helps make sure that they don't get over cooked.