1 hr 20 mins
Just a few dys ago I entered a recipe by Irfan Orga from "Cooking the Middle East Way" & now I have found another that truly fascinates me. SusieQusie can testify that I have had a long love affair w/using pears in desserts. This dessert appears to be an easy-fix & is certainly a combo that would never occur to me on my most creative day! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 lb macaroni (broken into very sml pieces, about 1 cup)
- 6 pears (ripe, peeled, cored & halved)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups light cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel (freshly grated)
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 2 eggs (separated with yolks vigorously beaten with a whisk)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- 2Cook macaroni in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain well of all liquid & return macaroni to saucepan.
- 3Add the milk & cream & simmer for 20 minutes. Remove pan from heat & allow mixture to cool slightly.
- 4Add sugar & stir till it is dissolved.
- 5Add butter, lemon peel, ground almonds & the beaten egg yolks. Stir well.
- 6Whip egg whites & fold them gently into the mixture.
- 7Pour half of the mixture into a buttered baking dish lrg enough to hold the pears in 1 layer.
- 8Arrange the pears on top & finish by layering the rest of the macaroni mixture atop the pears.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes & serve hot.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mahal (Macaroni Pudding W/Pears)
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.9
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 35.0 g
- Protein 12.5 g