Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cubed and Marianted Raw Tuna from the Complete Japanese Cookbook. Note: I don't do fish. This is being posted for someone else at their request.
- 14 ounces very fresh tuna, skinned
- mustard greens (or cress) (optional)
- 4 teaspoons wasabi paste or 4 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 4 tablespoons shoyu
- 8 spring onions, green parts finely chopped
- 4 shiso leaves, cut into thin slivers
- Note mix the wasabi powder with 2 tsp of water to form paste.
- cut tuna into 3/4 inch cubes.
- If using mustard and cress tie into pretty bunches or arrange as a bed of leaves on serving plates.
- 5 to 10 minutes before serving blend wasabi with shoyu in bowl and add tuna and onions. Mix well. Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Divide between serving bowls/plates. add shiso slivers on top.
- Sever IMMEDATELY.