Recipe by Melissa Spangler
You'll love this sweet & crunchy mix for parties and holidays. You can add more chili powder or cayenne pepper to spice it up the Louisiana way!
- 5 cups tortilla chips, broken
- 3 cups Crispix cereal
- 3 ounces microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 (16 ounce) can salted mixed nuts
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine chips, cereal, popcorn & nuts in large roasting pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients in sauce pan and heat until it comes to a boil.
- Pour sauce over cereal mix and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 1 hour and stir every 20 minutes while baking.
- Pour out mixture on wax paper to cool. Separate clumps as needed.