your kids will never know they are eating their oatmeal...this is an old fashioned treat..I sometimes add raisins, dried cherries etc..it is a good recipe to alter the ingredients as you choose..I have a little trick..when I decide to use raisins..I beat eggs lightly..add desired amount of dried fruit and let them sit in egg mixture for a little while on counter..I find that this plumps up fruit very well..
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Grease well a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the oats, and the milk and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile,in a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center.
- Stir in the liquid ingredients and the oatmeal mixture until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Batter may be lumpy.
- Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until lightly golden or a cake tester inserted in center of muffin comes with moist crumbs attached.
- Do not overbake!