Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
adapted from cookbook of same name..these will definitely start your day off right
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 2 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 35*.
- Grease and flour 18 large muffin tins.
- To make the buns: In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, on low speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar till fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk and the vanilla extract, in three parts, beating until well incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow buns to cool for about 30 minutes.
- To make the glaze: in a small bowl, stir together the sugar and the water till smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the buns and sprinkle generously with chopped nuts.