Recipe by grandma2969
this is a light, moist and not too sweet corn muffin that is really good...the only one we use now..terrific with soups..
Top Review by Polly1116
This is, without a doubt the best corn muffin I've made to date. I followed this recipe exactly and the result was 12 good size muffins, which are moist, with just the right amount of sweetness. They were a hit with my family. Thanks for sharing!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease well 9 cups of a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl,mic together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center. Stir in the liquid ingredients until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- The batter may be lumpy.
- Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden or a cake tester inserted into center of muffin comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Do not overbake.some residual heat will finish muffin.