I got this recipe from The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook, which I just recently purchased. These muffins are relatively easy and are a blank canvas as far as fruit and nut mix ins. I used some fresh blueberries that I had on hand and they came out wonderful!
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking oats!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, Slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4-1 cup fresh blueberries, these were not called for in the original recipe, but I had some on hand that I needed to use
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin. (I used Canola Oil spray).
- Mix oats and milk in a medium-sized bowl. Sit to the side for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making a well in the center. Stir in the liquid ingredients and the oatmeal mixture until just combined. Be careful not to overmix!
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full, and bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Do not overbake!
- Let Cool and Enjoy!