Top Review by Rachie P
The batter on these puppies is simply amazing in texture, amazing! They are a great, light, sweet treat! We don't use self- rising flour around here, so in lieu of it, I used 1 1/2 c flour, then subtracted 3 tsp of flour. I added 2 1/4 tsp baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt to make up the difference, and it came out great!
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, add the flours; stir to combine; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla.
- With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tin for 15 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the tins and cool on a wire rack before icing.
- Ice with tinted Vanilla Buttercream.