From the Magnolia Bakery. This is their most popular cupcake, iced with vanilla buttercream. The most popular color for the icing is pink. See Vanilla Buttercream.
- Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- In a small bowl, add the flours; stir to combine; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the sugar gradually and beat for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla.
- With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated but do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tin for 15 minutes.
- Remove cakes from the tins and cool on a wire rack before icing.
- Ice with tinted Vanilla Buttercream.