Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Another of Magnolia Bakery's wonderful recipes. The club soda makes for a very tender cake.
Make and share this Magnolia Bakery Lemon Vanilla Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and lightly flour a 10" Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the flour in thirds, alternating with the club soda, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and the lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 70-80 minutes until golden brown or a cake tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
I am not a lemon person, so I omitted it and used an almond glaze for it... It was AMAZING. Next time I think we will omit the glaze and keep it pure with a dollop of whipped cream and maybe some fresh peach slices on top.
I've actually had this recipe for awhile and have made it several times. It is a very moist, tasty cake. Thank you for sharing Marie! I had misplaced my recipe about six months ago!