Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Feel free to substitute 2lbs of any mixture of ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey etc.)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 4 green onions
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (1 pkg or 300g)
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley (or 2tbsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Fold a longish piece of aluminum foil in half lengthwise. Place on bottom and up the side of slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine beef and pork, mixing well. Add remaining ingredients to meat mixture and mix well.
- Form into a loft shape and place evenly into foil-lined slow cooker. Tuck ends of foiled under id.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 4-6 hours, until juices run clear when meat loaf is pierced with a fork. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley.