Recipe by *axxo*
I have tried a lot of meatloaf recipes attemtping to please EVERYONE in my picky family. I have finally succeeded. I think it is the sauteed onions that make the difference, adding another layer of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -5 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, cook onion for 5 to 7 minutes until softened.
- In a large bowl mix together the meat, egg, salt and pepper, in another bowl stir together the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco, Add this mixture, the cooked onion and 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs to the meat mixture, Pat the mixture into an 8X4 loaf pan.
- Cover the pan and refrigerate for one hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Preheat the oven to 350, Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until cooked through, Let the meatloaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- *NOTE: I like to serve this with "Peas and Pasta" which I will post a recipe for. We like to put it over a slice of meatloaf. Also, if you prefer a mixture of veal, beef and pork, it works just fine, I use either.