Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This ultra-light, fluffy and refreshing recipe for Mango Mousse is sure to enliven your palette, while invigorating your senses. It's the perfect treat for a hot summer day.
- 2 2⁄3 cups fresh mango puree (or approx 1, 22oz can)
- 1⁄2 lime (Juiced, Seeds and Pulp Removed)
- 2 tablespoons mango rum
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 1⁄8 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces mango gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mango puree with the lime juice, rum and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Place 2 large empty mixing bowls into the freezer to chill (will be used in a later step).
- To a large saucepan on medium heat, add the mango puree mixture (above) and 1/2 a cup of water and bring to a low-simmer.
- Add the gelatin and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, then remove from heat and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Remove the chilled bowls from the freezer and in one, whisk together the heavy cream and 1/8c sugar until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- In the second chilled bowl, beat together the egg whites and the salt to form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the cream mixture gently, making sure not to over-mix.
- Carefully fold together with the room temperature mango mixture.
- Pour into individual (1-2 cup sized) serving dishes and chill for 1 hour before serving.
This recipe defitenly deserves 5 stars!! So yummy! My family kept asking "What is this!" You could tell they enjoyed as much as i did. But instead i told them " It's a secret." Hopefully that is ok with you. But anyway thanks for posting this yummy in the tummy recipe!