Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful salad that goes great with everything. I'm not particularly fond of elbow macaroni so I experimented with the shells. Don't expect this to last for another meal. It'll be gone before you know it.
- 1 box medium pasta shell
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 can tuna fish, drained (packed in water)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1⁄2-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- season salt or crazy salt
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- Cook shells per directions.
- Remove yolks from hard boiled eggs.
- Mash egg yolks with buttermilk, mayo, sugar, salt and pepper.
- This makes the dressing.
- Drain shells and rinse with cold water.
- Add onion, celery, tuna fish, green and red pepper to shells.
- Dice egg whites and add to shells.
- Pour dressing over shells.
- Add paprika and parsley.
I just finished making this salad. I hope you don't mind--I added about 1Tbl of honey mustard and 1/4 cup sour cream as we like the tang. Anyway, even at room temp, it is delicious. I DO like the idea of the mashed egg yolks. What a nice flavor!! I am going to try your chicken paprikash next. Keep on cookin'
Very good, I scaled down to 4 servings and changed the tuna to fake crab.
Pat that sounds like a really great idea. Every recipe can use a little tweeking. I'm going to try it myself. Thanks for the comment and idea