1/1 Photo of Magnificent Macaroni and Cheese
Since I was a young child, my Mother made this. And now that I have a young one and family of my own, I love to share this amazing dish. It's easy to make and the outcome is just pure heaven. Cheesy, comforting, and a classic. Hope you enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Tear all 24 slices of cheese into pieces; place in a medium saucepan on low heat.
- 3Add butter and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- 4Add 2 cups milk just until cheese is almost covered (you can always add more later).
- 5Add pepper.
- 6Keep on low to medium heat until completely melted; be sure to constantly stir so it doesn't stick or burn.
- 7Boil macaroni as directed on package; drain and place in an 11x7 baking dish.
- 8Pour cheese mixture into macaroni; stir in thoroughly until well mixed. (This is my favorite part, where the magic happens!).
- 9Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes until edges are bubbling.
- 12The servings listed are as a meal, but it works well as a side dish too!
Browse Our Top Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Macaroni And Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magnificent Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 719.3
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 825.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 29.7 g