Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Since I was a young child, my Mother made this. And now that I have a young one and family of my own, I love to share this amazing dish. It's easy to make and the outcome is just pure heaven. Cheesy, comforting, and a classic. Hope you enjoy!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tear all 24 slices of cheese into pieces; place in a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Add butter and sprinkle with black pepper to taste.
- Add 2 cups milk just until cheese is almost covered (you can always add more later).
- Add pepper.
- Keep on low to medium heat until completely melted; be sure to constantly stir so it doesn't stick or burn.
- Boil macaroni as directed on package; drain and place in an 11x7 baking dish.
- Pour cheese mixture into macaroni; stir in thoroughly until well mixed. (This is my favorite part, where the magic happens!).
- Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes until edges are bubbling.
- The servings listed are as a meal, but it works well as a side dish too!
This was so simple to make. I switched around the directions, so not to dirty 2 pans. I cooked the macaroni first and as it was draining, the cheese sauce was made in the same pan. Sprinkled with plain bread crumbs. Made for My-3-Chefs June 2012~~ Theme: Mac & Cheese