1/4 Photos of Magnificent 1st Prize Risotto
Mallina Cashew's Note:
This recipe was part of what helped me win a cooking competition at school against 7 other people. I got it out of an excellent appetizer book and continue to make it!! Excellent served with any meal. (VEGETARIANS CAN SUBSTITUTE VEGETABLE STOCK FOR CHICKEN STOCK)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring stock to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer.
- 2Ladle a little stock into a small bowl; add the saffron threads and let infuse.
- 3Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a large sauce pan until foaming.
- 4Add onions, stirring frequently, and cook for 2 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- 5Cook only until softened, not brown.
- 6Add the rice and stir until the grains start to swell and burst; then add a few ladles of stock, saffron liquid, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Stir over low heat until liquid has beed absorbed.
- 8Keep adding stock, letting the rice absorb the liquid before adding more.
- 9STIR CONSTANTLY Test frequently just for the hell of it!
- 10After about 20-25 minutes, the rice should be just tender and the risoto golden and creamy.
- 11Take off heat and add 2/3 cup parmesan cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon butter, mixing until butter has melted.
- 12Season to taste.
- 13Transfer to serving plates and serve hot.
- 14Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Magnificent 1st Prize Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.8
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 939.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 19.3 g