Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I worked for Magleby's in Springville, UT and had the chance to copy down some of their recipes. This is the authentic recipe for their housemade BBQ sauce.
- 7⁄8 cup fermano's ketchup
- 1 3⁄4 cups fermano's chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cola
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon hickory liquid smoke
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne, sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried chopped onion
- Combine and simmer 20 minutes.
Very good. I used a couple dashes of hot sauce instead of cayenne sauce. A little spicy but still enjoyable. So glad you posted this. Will be making this again. Made for Pick a Chef Preemie.
We're always interested in trying out someone else's BBQ sauce, & your is definitely worth making! Delicious to a fault, & easy enough to make! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]!