Recipe by VegeMight
Delicious served as an appetiser or accompaniment with an Italian meal.
Top Review by Fairy Nuff
Lovely mushies!!!Easy to make and taste delicious. I made them to the recipe and they not only tasted great but looked quite impressive!!! Served as an appetiser to our Friday night pizza.Yummy, thanks VegeMight!!!
- 20 button mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste.
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop finely.
- Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and mushroom stems.
- Cook 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic& breadcrumbs; cook for further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in herbs.
- Spread 1/2 to 1 tsp of tomato paste over inside of each mushroom.
- Fill with stuffing mixture.
- Top with tasty cheese (as much as you can cram on there).
- Bake at 190 degrees c for approx 25 minutes, or until cheese has melted and browned slightly on top.