Recipe by Mme M
The egg whites make Norwegian Trolkrem grow in volume, as if by magic to children! This is a traditional dish to make New Year's Eve. You may use either 2 cups of fresh lingonberries or 1/2 cup of lingonberry jam. If you don't have lingonberries, you could use cranberries or blueberries, adjusting the sugar to keep it sweet!
- 2 cups lingonberries or 1⁄2 cup lingonberry jam
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash berries and remove all unripe berries.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until the volume quadruples, about 15 minutes.
- If you are using lingonberry jam, omit sugar. Serve in a crystal dessert bowl sprinkled with a few lingonberries.
- If available, add a few mint leaves. Cookies are a great accompaniment, or serve in Crisp Wafer Cups (Krumkakeskåler).