Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Paula's Home Cooking. Excellent for South Beach Dieters.
- 1 cup peanut butter (your choice, smooth or crunchy)
- 1 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 Splenda granular, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, Splenda, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon -- it will be sticky.
- Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts (I use a melon baller).
- Drop ball into additional Splenda and roll to cover with sugar.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- With a fork press a crisscross design on each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
I loved these cookies. Of course they aren't going to taste like the full fat, full sugar version, but I really liked them. I followed the directions, but I used regular sugar to press them down with a fork. When they first came out of the oven they were a bit crumbly, but after they cooled and I placed them in an airtight container, they softened up and were no longer crumbly. I will definitely be making these again as DH and I are both trying to eat healthier this year. Thank you Dojemi.
I watched Paula make these the other day & she appeared to really like them so I was so excited to see this already posted here! While I thought these were good and yes, great for low carb dieters, they did not go over well with the rest of my family. I would make these again for myself, but I would probably use a little less splenda when rolling the balls since the artificial sweetener taste was a bit strong for me. Overall, a decent tasting snack when you really want a little something sweet but you're trying to be good!:)
Updated Review: These cookies were a crumbled easily the first time I made them, but had a good flavor. I recently tried them again and had much better luck with them. I used a different brand of peanut butter. I think that made a huge difference. These are a nice low carb snack.