Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a truly simple cake to bake and tastes delicious. I am sure you will be delighted with the result. For a slight variation, try adding a handful of chocolate chips, dried fruit or coconut etc. Experiment with you favourite flavours! An exceptionally quick to prepare - just perfect for those work shouts, afternoon teas and cake stalls. This recipe should be in every busy bakers recipe collection! Enjoy ...
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Line loaf or cake tin with baking paper.
- Wash the orange and cut into segments.
- Process the orange to a pulp - pips, rind and all!
- Melt butter in microwave. (Use a bowl big enough to hold all ingredients)
- Stir in the sugar
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the pulped orange - stir to combine.
- Gently stir in sifted flour.
- Bake for approx 35 mins or ready when tested with a skewer.
- All done -- so simple!
This was a fantastic cake. I made this twice and loved it both times. I added two squares of semisweet chocolate, and it went well with the rest of the cake.
This cake is so extremely easy. Definite keeper for our family. Thank you for posting.
Delicious, unusual recipe. Made it just as posted. However, the recipe doesn't say when to add the orange puree so I alternated stirring it in with the flour. I also added a drop or two of oil of orange and a few drops of vanilla. (We just can't seem to leave a recipe alone, can we!)A very quick dessert, great with coffee or tea, probably excellent with berries and cream.