Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I created this recipe using the magical meatloaf creator found at veganlunchbox.blogspot.com.
Make and share this Magical Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, cleaned and chopped
- 2 cups veggie burgers
- 1 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup vegetable broth, as needed
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked polenta
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 dashes vegetarian worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a loaf pan or 8x8 square baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside (an 8x8 pan makes a crisper loaf).
- Grind the walnuts into a coarse meal using a food processor or spice/coffee grinder. Place in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Sauté any vegetables you've chosen in the vegetable oil until soft. Add to the large mixing bowl along with all the remaining ingredients. Mix and mash together well, adding only as much liquid as needed to create a soft, moist loaf that holds together and is not runny (you may not need to add any liquid if the grains and protein are very moist). Add more binder/carbohydrate as needed if the loaf seems too wet.
- Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until cooked through. Add the tomato sauce to the top of the loaf during the last 10 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn out onto a plate or platter and slice. Serve with potatoes, vegetables, and vegetarian gravy, if desired.
- Cold leftover slices of make a great sandwich filling.
Delicious! The best veggie meatloaf ever! I added some shredded carrots and used really good veggie burgers! Thank you so much for posting this recipe!!