Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The top and bottom of this delicate pudding seperate as it cooks to form a light souffle like top and tangy sauce. There are a few recipes for Lemon Delicious here on the site, but this one uses less butter than most, so is lower in fat.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 30 g butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Beat together egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest and butter until thick. Combine sugar, flour and salt; add alternately with milk to the yolk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold egg whites into milk mixture. Pour into 20cm square baking dish.
- Place a pan of hot water in the oven, and set the baking dish into the pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
Great recipe! I used to make a similar one years ago, so it was like finding a long lost friend. Will be making this often, and will try it with orange, also! Thanks for this keeper.
This lemony pudding cake was sooo good! Never had anything like it before. I will make this again and would like to try orange juice and zest too.Thanks for posting Jan. Made for Recipe Swap #46.
Nice lemon delicious though we would have liked a slightly tarter taste as we found it a little on the sweet side but still thoroughly enjoyed, thank you Jan made for Name that Ingredient tag game.