Recipe by greyghost
This recipe came from my girlfriend Ginger and they are to die for! I used both mint and peppermint hershey kisses and they came out devine!
Top Review by Sunnybrook
Very easy cookie dough to work with. I made these with 3 five year olds and a 2 year old. The 2 year old was able to cover the kiss rather well. I also like the fact that it's an eggless dough. The kids could eat it and I didn't have to worry. I used peppermint, mint and cherry hershey kisses. I wouldn't recommend the cherry ones. They have too much liquid inside and no matter how much I padded them, they oozed. The peppermint and mint worked great. I'm still out on the powdered sugar though. I thought they tasted wonderful with out the powdered sugar. My kids liked it with the powdered sugar. I'll definitely be added these to my regular list of holiday cookies. Thanks!
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 (12 -16 ounce) package Hershey chocolate kisses (1 pkg of either mint, peppermint or mixture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in large bowl until creamy.
- Stir in flour and cocoa gradually to butter mixture until blended.
- Mold into balls around the kisses - about 1 inch balls or so, enough to cover kiss completely.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool and roll cooies in powdered sugar. I did mine 2-3 times to make sure well coated.