Recipe by COOKGIRl
A Middle Eastern-flavored iced beverage from a local source. Shhh!! You have my blessing to play with the ingredient amounts as you please.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, was this good. It is so very refreshing. I love that you can taste all the tropical flavors, the tamarind, rosewater, orange blossom water and pomegranate molasses. I made my own tamarind simple syrup to use in this wonderful drink, I also used Wildflower honey. So very happy that I tried this lovely treat. Thank you for sharing my friend. Made for Beverage Anyone Tag Game.
- 4 cups tamarind juice (recipe below)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- filtered water
- tamarind syrup
- 2 teaspoons rose water
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate syrup
- honey, to taste (superfine sugar or agave nectar)
- ice cube
- lemon slices (we like both) or orange slice (we like both)
- fresh mint leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- To make tamarind juice: for every 1 cup of water add 2-3 tablespoons tamarind syrup. Tamarind syrup is available at Middle Eastern and Indian/Asian stores. The ratio on the bottle I have in the pantry is 3/4 cup water to 1/4 cup tamarind syrup. Adjust amount to your preference.
- Mix beverage ingredients together in a pretty pitcher and chill.
- Serve over ice with lemon/orange slices and fresh mint for garnish.
- Add more sweetener if necessary.