Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Creamy egg salad with a little tang
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs from hot water, cool under cold running water, and peel.
- Chop eggs and transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sweet pickle relish, steak sauce, paprika, and dill into eggs until well mixed; season with salt and black pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, if desired.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.
I choose this recipe as I had exactly 5 eggs to use up and the amount of ingredients were perfect for 5 large eggs. I added fennel herb instead of dill, as that's what we have in our garden. And I also added some finely chopped spring onion and celery. Great recipe.
Actually I reduced the recipe by half and still had enough to make 2 very nice sandwiches for lunch. Since I had fresh dill on hand I used that in place of the dried. A nice combination of flavors. Served on toasted bread with lettuce. Made for Aussie Swap.
Delightful! I never would've thought to add steak sauce or sweet relish before - although I do usually have the mustard and dill pickles! I loved it and so did my little girl who's crazy for eggs! Made for PAC Spring '13