Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from whymilk.com. Sounds delish!
- 2 3⁄4 cups chocolate milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small banana, peeled and cut into small chunks
- Bring 2 1/4 cups chocolate ilk and the salt to a gentle boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in dried oats and cinnamon. Reduce heat.
- Gently boil, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; let stand for 2 to 3 minutes to slightly absorb excess milk in mixture.
- To serve, stir vanilla into oatmeal, then gently stir in banana.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls and pour 2 T chocolate milk over each serving.
My guys thought this was a great change from their usual porridge. Not a single complaint was heard. My personal preference would be to leave out the cinnamon but I did enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT - Xtra Hot Dishes.
Yea! Dessert for breakfast! Choc-flavored, easy-to-fix & a great way to start the British part of the tour. Made as written for ZWT6 & served w/another ZWT effort, this makes the words good & morning actually work well together says this non-morning person, chocoholic & lover of oatmeal who usually just flavors it w/a bit of cinnamon. Thx for posting this sure to-be-repeated recipe for us. :-)
Very eaasy and good! I used rice chocolate milk and rolled millet instead of oats, but that doesn't really make a difference. Maybe next time I'll double the cinnamon, but that's just personal preference :) Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT6 Britain for The Unrulies Under The Influence.