Although part of this sauce is from a package, the few additions make a great easy to make sauce. You may want to try useing low salt beef broth it was a bit salty, but very tasty.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagemccormick's dry enchilada mix
- 1⁄3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄8 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄8 cup chopped green chili
- 1 (8 ounce) package soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1) Chop up onions and chilies add to hamburger and brown, set aside.
- 2) In a sauce pan heat up 1 cup of water and add bouillon cubes Bring to boil reduce heat.
- 3) Add 1 1/2 cups of water and the rest of the ingredients cook over medium heat. For approx 1/2 hour stirring often.
- 4) Pour 1/2 the sauce in with meat onion and chilies, mix well.
- 5) Scoop desired amount of meat into a shell with a large pinch of cheddar cheese and roll up place on cookie sheet. Do remaining shells untill meat is gone.
- 6) Pour ramaining sauce and cheese over burritos, bake 1/2 hour at 325.
- Serve with sour cream and your favorite salsa.
OMG! what a great burrito or enchilada!!! It didn't reallly take that long to prepare. I get hme at 5 pm and we were eating by 6:00 after I rested! My husband and daughters loved! This is the 1!!!