Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
That's right. Make this 1 sauce (it makes a lot of sauce, so this is perfect if you're having a BBQ) - and you can use it to make 5 summer favorites all at the same time: Chicken Salad, Macaroni Salad (pasta salad) Potato Salad, Egg Salad, Chicken Salad AND if there's any left over - make some Deviled eggs!
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 tablespoon mustard (powdered, if you have it, wet mustard, you might need more)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup pickle juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dill pickle (NOT sweet relish, yeck!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Easy, Easy, Easy:.
- Mix everything into a bowl and put in fridge overnight.
- For Chicken Salad:.
- Add 1 package of Purdue's Chicken "Short Cuts" chicken chunks into a bowl with 2 heaping tablespoons of this magic sauce and BINGO! Chicken Salad is done!
- For Macaroni Salad:.
- Drain elbow pasta, run it under cold water and make sure ALL the water has drained. Put in a bowl and add 2 heaping tablespoons of this magic sauce and BINGO! You've got pasta salad!
- For Potato Salad:.
- Make your potatos as usual, but only use this sauce and BINGO - potato salad is done!
- For Devil Eggs:.
- Slice 12 eggs in half. Put the yolks into a plastic bag. Add 2 heaping tablespoons of this Magic sauce and moosh everything in the bag together until the yolk and sauce are well blended. Cut off a corner of the bag, and use it as a pastry squeezer. gently squeeze contents of bag into the hallow eggs white. Sprinkle with paprika and BINGO! You've got Devil Egg.
- Egg Salad:.
- I forgot - you can make egg salad with this too: Just chop up 12 hard boiled eggs and mix with 2 heaping tablespoons of this and BINGO! You've got Egg Salad!
I made this last week and really enjoyed it but my husband found the curry a bit strong for his taste. I used it on BBQ chicken strips and also as a spread on my lunch sandwich. I'll make it again.
I made this sauce for the first time today and liked the taste and loved the convenience. Next time I make it I plan to add some onion powder and use half sweet relish and half dill relish.
I made this and used it to make egg salad. My husband and I both really enjoyed it! I will be making this recipe again, thanks! Made for Newest Zaar Tag!