Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I call this "Magic Spaghetti Salad", because when you serve it, turn your head, and look back, it has DISAPPEARED! A true family-pleaser...everyone loves this dish. Simple and inexpensive. ***PLEASE NOTE*** "cooking time" below includes marinating time.
- 1 (1 lb) box spaghetti
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 2 bunches green onions
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle French dressing
- Cook and drain spaghetti, rinsing it cold water.
- Chop green peppers, green onions and tomatoes and put in deep salad bowl.
- Add cooked & cooled noodles.
- Add olives and Parmesan cheese, mix well with other ingredients all ready in the bowl.
- Combine salad dressings with sugar and pour over salad bowl mixture. Mix well.
- Add salt & pepper, mix again.
- Cover with a lid and let sit for 12 hours or overnight before serving.
I am rating this five stars because I took it to a party and everyone went berserk! :-) I will make it again but next time a little less sauce and I may try half the sugar as it was a little sweet for me. Also, maybe one bunch of onions, but add celery and cucumbers. I think it would be really good if you used Italian dressing and the french dressing with the celery seeds and not add the sugar. I will definitely make it again and update my rating when I do. Thanks for a great recipe.
Delish! I subsituted Splenda for the sugar and I used whole wheat spaghetti. I had a party of 10 eating this and I have PLENTY leftover.