Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
From The Really Good Food Cook Book. This klondike-like coating sauce for ice cream keeps for months in the refrigerator. I have it on hand at all times. Everyone, I mean everyone, will love it!
- 226.79 g butter
- 340.19 g bagnestle chocolate chips
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Whisk them around until they are melted.
- Add the vanilla.
- If you are using the nuts, saute them for a few minutes in 1 tsp.
- butter before adding them to the Magic Shell Sauce.
- Pour the delicious sauce over any flavor ice cream.
- It will harden within several seconds.
Made this last night and couldn't be better pleased. I used a good quality margarine instead of butter and only half the amount (tried to make it from memory) still turned out great. My husband said it was better than the store bought and I agree. Thank you so much!
Good stuff, added a dollop of Peanut butter & used Nestle milk chocolate morsels. I omitted the nuts.
Loved itâ€¦A more natural taste when comparing it to store bought Magic Shell. I made Â½ the recipe which is: Â½ cup of butter (1 stick), 1 cup milk chocolate chips, and Â½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. I used and old Magic Shell squeeze bottle to store it in the fridge.