Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oats are a Reindeer's favorite food, cinnamon is their favorite smell and sugar crystals reflect the light from Rudolph's nose so Santa can find your house. A magical recipe for kids to make on Christmas eve in preparation of Santa's visit, and it wont harm any small animals that might take a bite.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red sugar crystals or 1⁄4 cup green sugar crystals
- Combine all ingredients in a resealable plastic bag.
- seal the bag and shake until well- combined.
- when its dark on Christmas eve, sprinkle the magic food on your front lawn to help Santa and his reindeer find your house.
- Makes just enough for all of Santa's reindeer!
Great idea! We made bags of this at a cookie decorating party, and then took extra bags to kindergarten for everyone. I had so many compliments on it, and I still have parents saying to me how much easier it made their holidays as then Santa could find them when they were away from home!
What a great idea, I did this last year with my then 2 year old DD. She sprinkled it on the grass for the reindeer and it's great because it doesn't hurt the garden, in the morning all the remnants had disappeared making it look like the reindeer had been.
big hit with the christmas cookies