Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Pomegranates are a rich source of wrinkle-reducing plant chemical ellagic acid. Use the seeds to top a dip, sprinkle them on salad or make this festive holiday sangria!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle riesling wine, I like Blufeld (semi-dry)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 1 orange, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- seltzer water or club soda, if desired
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine Riesling, pomegranate juice and Cointreau. Add orange slices, apple and pomegranate seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Divide among glasses and top off with seltzer or club soda.
A nice summer spritzer with a kick. Made and reviewed for PAC spring 2012