Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Serve in a small cauldron with a Creepy Crawler ice ring (recipe included) for a fun presentation. This potion goes from creepy to cute by using orange gelatin and candy corn in place of the lime and worms and served in a plastic pumpkin. NOTE: ice ring is to be made and frozen one day ahead of serving.
FOR ICE RING
- 1 gummy worms
- 1 quart carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime gelatin
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 quarts carbonated lemon-lime beverage, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- gummy worms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- DAY AHEAD, prepare Creepy Crawler Ice Ring:.
- Arrange gummy worms in bottom of 5-cup ring mold; fill with thirst quencher beverage. Freeze until solid, 8 hours or overnight.
- MAKE PUNCH:.
- Pour boiling water over gelatin in heatproof punch bowl; stir until gelatin dissolves. Stir in cold water. Add lemon-lime beverage and sugar; stir well. Mixture will foam for several minutes.
- Unmold ice ring by dipping bottom of mold briefly into hot water. Float ice ring in punch. Serve cups of punch garnished with gummy worms, if desired.