Recipe by kzbhansen
These are good, you can always add garlic, or rosemary, or oregano to these. I'm writing the generic form <LOL> as this is the way my kids like them.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Oh God are these ever good! I have been wanting to make these for a while and I finally did today! I got 27 balls, I think I might have rolled them a bit too large! next time I will be sure to make more. I added in some Parmesan cheese and finely chopped green onions. These are so delicious, they'll be gone in a flash! Karen thank you so very much for a great recipe!...Kitten:)
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Put potatoes in large pot and add enough water to cover them.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and cook for 12-15 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain off water, mash and allow to cool.
- Coat a baking sheet with Pam.
- In a small saucepan, sauté onion in the olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Add the onion, cracker crumbs, salt and pepper to the potatoes and remash.
- With your hands, roll into balls and place onto baking sheet.
- Brush with the egg yolks.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crispy brown.
- Makes 24-72 small puffs.